Business & Personal Taxation
Over the past 30 years the Australian taxation system has grown increasingly complex and effective in extracting significant amounts of wealth from taxpayers, and it imposes heavy penalties on taxpayers who fail to meet their taxation obligations.
Morris & Batzloff understand the 2 fundamental but competing objectives of taxation advice and document preparation:
- Legally minimise our clients exposure to taxation so that they only pay the tax that they are obliged to pay;
- Assist our clients in ensuring that they comply with taxation laws and regulations in order to minimise the risk of audit and investigation.
Morris & Batzloff have the experience, qualifications and expertise to address those 2 difficult and challenging objectives, and we are committed to assisting clients in preserving their hard-earned wealth whilst avoiding the stress and inconvenience of audit and investigation.
Our advice and services includes, but aren’t limited to:
- Identifying and planning a structure that best suits the client’s business profile and future growth potentials.
- Keeping the structure as simple as possible to avoid unnecessary accounting fees and complexity.
- Guidance on and implementation of statutory obligations and registrations (PAYG withholding, superannuation obligations, GST, ABN)
- Selecting appropriate accounting software that suits the client’s needs and skills.
Ongoing advice and strategies in relation to:
- Companies, discretionary trusts, fixed trusts, partnerships, contractors and sole traders.
- Optimal and tax effective dividend payments and trust distributions.
- Capital gains tax exemptions for small business
- Minimising exposure to personal services income (80/20) punitive laws
- Tax effective and compliant strategies for work vehicles
- Optimal financing arrangements.
- Attention to all implications arising from income tax, GST, capital gains tax, fringe benefits tax, stamp duty, land tax and payroll tax.
- Negative gearing
- Property development including sub-division ad improvement
- Application of the GST margin scheme
Work related deductions
- What can and can’t be claimed
Liability limited by a Scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.